Peach Cobbler – Using Smoked Butter!
This dish has been a crowd favourite and always the first to go at our meal tastings!! Give it a go, using our smoked butter!
- 2 cups sliced peaches (fresh is best, but canned works great too!)
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup Texas BBQ Smoked butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread sliced peaches out in a single layer in prepared dish. Sprinkle tops of peaches with 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric hand-mixer, beat 1 cup sugar and softened butter together until combined. Add flour, baking powder, salt (and nutmeg if using). Mix. Then add in egg and vanilla. Continue to beat and mix together until just combined. (Batter will be the consistency of cookie dough batter.)
- Using a spatula, carefully spread batter over the tops of peaches. Trying to spread out as evenly as you can and covering most of the peaches.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!